- 30 hours of gambling-specific education
- 50% of hours must have been obtained within the past 5 years
- A minimum of 4 hours must be in all four content areas
- A description of each content area can be found here
- The Gambling Disorder Stages Series can meet the educational requirements
Notification of Supervisory Relationship
- Your supervisor must hold an independent treatment license.
- Your supervisor must have gambling treatment competency, either through the GAMB Endorsement, ICGC-I/II, or scope of competency through the CSWMFT Board.
- PGNO can connect you with a supervisor. Contact Info@PGNOhio.org for more information.
Experience Verification Form
Must be completed by a supervisor competent in treating gambling disorder, as noted in the Supervisory Verification Form.
The 100 hours can be gained through direct clinical care for clients or family members, providing gambling education within substance use disorder (SUD) or mental health (MH) groups, completing gambling-specific screenings, assessments, and documentation hours.
Clinicians that complete the Stages Training Series, or who demonstrate they have obtained 30 hours of gambling-specific education, are eligible to complete a Referral Agreement with PGNO that will place their agency on the state-wide gambling treatment provider list. This referral list is utilized by the Ohio Problem Gambling Helpline to link clients to local providers that are competent in treating gambling disorder.