Problem Gambling Service Consultation Project
The goal of the Problem Gambling Service Consultation Project is to assist problem gambling service providers in the delivery of comprehensive services throughout the continuum of care. This includes intake and assessment procedures, referral to treatment, clinical and prevention services, human resources, marketing & communications, and internal policy. The Consultation Project is comprised of training, consultation meetings, staff rounds, and an outcome evaluation.
Participants select six representatives holding leadership positions within their organization to attend education rounds specific to their role in the organization. Outcomes of the Consultation Project include the integration of problem gambling into existing services and deliverables based on the funding guidelines outlined in the Ohio Problem Gambling Funds Expenditure Guide and Clinicians' Requirements for Treatment of Gambling Disorder.
PGNO is seeking agencies interested in further integrating problem gambling into their existing services. The Consultation Project is comprised of training, consultation meetings, staff rounds, and an outcome evaluation.
Applications are due in full by Thursday, September 15th, 2022. Applications submitted after Thursday, September 15th, 2022 may not be considered. Click here to apply.
For any questions regarding this application or the Consultation Project, please contact Michael Buzzelli at MBuzzelli@PGNOhio.org.
Each agency will select up to six representatives to participate in the Consultation meetings. These representatives will hold a Managerial role or higher. Recommended staff include:
- Chief Operating Officer
- Chief Development Officer
- Clinical Manager
- Marketing/Communications Manager
- Director of Prevention Services
- Intake/Assessment Manager
Agencies will review PGNO-recommended allocation deliverables from the Ohio Problem Gambling Funds Expenditure Guide and Clinicians’ Requirements for Treatment of Gambling Disorder. The application requires agencies to outline their current problem gambling services, plan for further integration of problem gambling, and why this project would be beneficial to your organization and community.
For participating in the Problem Gambling Service Consultation Project, each participating agency will receive a stipend of $15,000.00 to be used to cover staff time at Consultation Project mandatory meetings and to aid the completion and implementation of agreed-upon Allocation Deliverables.
- Stipend Payment 1: $7,500 on October 1, 2022
- Stipend Payment 2: $7,500 on January 1, 2023
Orientation & Expectations Meetings will be 1-hour at an agreed-upon date and time via Zoom between September 26 and September 30, 2022. Orientation & Expectations Meetings will be attended by PGNO and selected agency participants. Each agency and PGNO will agree upon deliverables from the Expenditure Guide to be measured throughout the fiscal year and evaluated at end of the fiscal year
Consultation Meetings will be 1-hour via Zoom with PGNO and selected agency participants
Consultation Meeting 1 – Internal Focus
- Includes but is not limited to: Problem Gambling department structure and fit, Intake/Assessment process, workforce development, and supervision
- Scheduled at an agreed-upon date and time between October 10 and October 21, 2022
Consultation Meeting 2– External Focus
- Includes but is not limited to: Marketing and communications of problem gambling services, language and imagery, and community board/coalition involvement
- Scheduled at an agreed-upon date and time between December 5 and December 16, 2022
Consultation Meeting 3 – Resources and Network
- Includes but is not limited to: Ohio services, boards and resources, statewide campaigns to utilize, and how to get involved
- Scheduled at an agreed-upon date and time between March 6 and March 17, 2023
Outcome Evaluation Meetings will be 1-hour at an agreed-upon date and time via Zoom between May 15 and May 26, 2023, and attended by PGNO and selected staff participants.
Program Year Review with all participating agencies will occur on Wednesday, June 21 2023 from 10:00 am – 11:00 am via Zoom
A total of six Staff Rounds will occur (two per group) throughout the program for all interested agency staff to discuss their role in problem gambling service delivery, challenges, support needed, and opportunities. Rounds will be 1-hour via Zoom from 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm.
- Intake & Assessment Rounds – November 14, 2022 & January 23, 2023
- Prevention & Promotion Rounds – November 16, 2022 & January 25, 2023
- Treatment & Recovery Rounds – November 18, 2022 & January 27, 2023