2022 Coalition Academy - Building Equity in Prevention by PreventionFIRST!
PF! Coalition Academy 2022 is an opportunity to raise awareness, address and champion the importance and need of equity in substance use/misuse prevention and promote mental wellness. Join us to learn & enhance skills to better identify and eliminate barriers that prevent the full participation of some groups. Mary Roary, Ph.D. will be the Keynote Speaker for the event.
- Attendees will develop an understanding of how equity can be applied within behavioral health prevention settings
- Attendees will be able to demonstrate skills related to implementing individual & community-level resiliency strategies for addressing substance use/misuse prevention & mental wellness
- Attendees will be able to explain best-practice methods for engaging community partners
- General Registration $60
- PF! Member Coalition Registration $40
- Breakfast & lunch included
- Vendor tables $75
- CEU, CHES, Social Work, Nursing hours will be applied for
- Planned Workshops:
- Building Equity in Prevention
- Understanding Adultism/Tokenism
- Engaging Youth in Prevention
- Trauma Informed Care & Prevention
- Improving Media Engagement
- The Value of Mindfulness
- Enhancing Community Engagement
- Problem Gambling & Gaming
- Supporting Prevention in the LGBTQ+ Community
- Prevention Trends & Challenges
Also featured will be a session held by PGNO's Executive Director, Derek Longmeier, MBA, OCPC, ICPS: 'Get Set & Know What to Expect Regarding Sports Betting & Your Community'