The Board of Directors for the Problem Gambling Network of Ohio created the following committees to enhance the organizational infrastructure and to best meet the needs of the members and/or those impacted by problem gambling.
Goal Across All Committees: Provide opportunities to recruit and engage members and community partners.
Louis Weigele & Steve Kapela, Chairpersons
Goal: Develop common sense policy solutions that ensure gambling regulations, laws and organizational policies take into consideration impact on problem gambling related issues.
- Track and update our members on legislation and policies related to gambling
- Create position statements and talking points on gambling related policies
- Educate state lawmakers on how policies might positive or negatively impact problem gambling
- Consumer protections
- Funding for treatment and prevention
- Inclusion of problem gambling into peer recovery support certification.
Service Network Development
Michael Buzzelli and Mike Rosen, Chairpersons
Goal: Promote high quality professional services to enhance the problem gambling service network in Ohio.
- Provide networking and training opportunities for problem gambling professionals.
- Partner with organizations to increase the integrate problem gambling into behavioral and physical health care programs.
- Implement services network quality assurance initiatives (i.e. problem gambling helpline)
- Create a network of consultants to provide technical assistance to problem gambling programs throughout Ohio.
Ashley Hartman, Chairperson
Goal: serves as catalyst for community engagement in addressing the issue of problem gambling.
- Raise awareness of the issue of problem gambling among the general public.
- Encourage engagement in our communities in response to problem gambling.
- Foster peer and family lay support systems.
- Empower “gatekeepers” to link the community to problem gambling supports.